NorthPoint will offer two options for students this year, in-person and online. In-person classrooms will be Kindergarten – 10th grade. If there is a need for 11th and 12th grade classrooms, we are prepared to open them in our first year. If we do not open those classrooms in year one, we will add them as students move up from 10th to 11th and 11th to 12th grade in the next two years.
The online option is a fully streamed online experience which allows our home-based learners to not only virtually attend our live classrooms each day, but also interact with their teachers and classmates just as if they were in the actual classroom. The online option will be available for all active classrooms 3rd grade and up.
Lower School (K-4) drop off will begin at 8:00am and the school day will run 8:15am – 2:30pm.
Middle and Upper Schools (5-12) drop off will begin at 8:15am and the school day will run 8:30am – 2:45pm.
*Families with students in both times will be able to drop off their students at the same time.
Yes! We are excited to begin developing a strong athletic program from day one. In our first year we will offer:
Fall – Soccer (boys & girls), Cross-Country (co-ed), Volleyball (girls)
Winter – Basketball (boys & girls)
Spring – Flag Football (co-ed), Baseball (boys), Golf (boys & girls)
*more athletics will be explored based on interest from students and parents
Our tuition rates for the 2021-2022 school year will be:
Lower School (K-4) – $8,125/yr*
Middle School (5-8) – $8,725/yr*
Upper School (9-12) – $9,325/yr*
*This is an “all-in” price. We do not have additional fees.
Each student will have a $325 registration fee. This will secure your child’s spot in their class or your place in line on our waiting list. This registration fee is not in addition to your tuition rate. Your $325 registration fee will credit towards your student’s tuition rate. (NOTE: If your child is not enrolled on the first day of school because they are still on a waiting list, we will fully refund your $325 registration fee.)
Here’s an example: Lower School student $8,125/yr ($325 registration fee + $7,800 tuition balance)
Payment Plan Options:
OPTION #1 – Paid in Full (5% discount off tuition rate)
OPTION #2 – 10 month payment plan (tuition balance after registration fee divided into 10 equal payments)
We will not offer prepared lunches for students. Students will have the opportunity to pack their lunch each day.
We will provide special lunch days where we will give students the option to order from the “restaurant of the day.” Examples would include Chick-fil-a, Zoey’s Kitchen, Jersey Mike’s, and more!
We are currently pursuing conversations with a local catering company of the possibility of providing a daily menu to those families who would prefer that option.
NorthPoint’s education model is focused on Inquiry-Based Learning where students work collaboratively to find solutions to real world situations. Students will be challenged to apply concepts across disciplines and align them with a biblical worldview. We believe true learning happens when you not only understand a concept, but can visually see it in the world around you.
Our three educational focuses are:
- Scholarship – excellence in academic studies.
- Servant Leadership – development of character traits.
- Service – making a true difference in your community.
Our goal is to provide excellence in education by integrating with world-class technologies. Online education has always been lacking a connection to the teacher and classroom. Students have traditionally been required to maintain a high level of self discipline in online education models. We strive to enhance the online experience by providing a fully live-streamed classroom experience for our home-based students. It’s not homeschool, it’s school at home. Online students will be able to…
- Get the same quality teacher-led education as if they were physically present in the classroom.
- Communicate with teachers and students in the classroom remotely.
- Participate in live events on campus including school events and athletic programs.
- Enjoy the flexibility of home-based learning with the accountability of a teacher-led program.
- Join live from anywhere in the world, so that they can stay current with their studies even when on a family trip.
We have significantly invested in creating a powerful online option that will allow our in-person students to also participate even if they are out of town on a trip, or if they decide to stay home due to a small illness. Our online technologies provide maximum flexibility for every NorthPoint student and their family!
We will make our final school calendar available to NorthPoint families in March 2021, but a few highlights include:
- Family Night (meet your teacher a week before school starts)
- First Day of School will be August 16th
- Community Impact Events
- Our Fall Festival
- Spirit Days
- A full week of Fall Break (in October)
- Christmas Break (Dec. 20th – Jan. 3rd)
- Full Athletic Schedule
- MakerFest (Grades 3-12 S.T.E.M. competition)
- A full week of Spring Break (in April)
- Last day of school will be May 18th
NorthPoint Christian Academy is a Christian school. Students and parents are not required to have a specific faith belief to attend. While we will present Christian viewpoints, we are not a church. We are a school. Our number one priority is educating your child. We will focus on character development, servant leadership, community outreach, and excellence in academics as our core values. If you have any specific questions regarding this, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Extracurriculars are an important priority for a well-rounded educational experience for our students. We will contract opportunities for music, theatre, and other fine arts to give our students opportunities to let their talents shine. A number of clubs will also be developed for each school level appropriately.
We have worked hard to develop a tuition schedule that is affordable without sacrificing the quality of education provided to our NorthPoint families. For families with multiple students attending, the first child will be full tuition rate, and we will provide a 5% tuition discount for each additional student. We anticipate a quick enrollment, so we do encourage families with multiple students to sign up for our VIP PARENT UPDATES.
We will strategically plan teacher meetings for the early summer and offer a family night the week before school starts so that our NorthPoint families have an opportunity to meet the staff. Each teacher will also send a welcome video to each student in July.
NorthPoint Christian Academy is not directly affiliated with Forest Hill Church. We are so grateful for the partnership that Forest Hill has extended to NorthPoint to lease their facilities for school activities. Forest Hill has made it clear that they are ready to support the school and families. We appreciate that spirit of partnership and we will also strive to leave the facilities better than we find them each day. Parent tours of the facility will be available in the coming months. You’ll be impressed by the investments Forest Hill has made to create an excellent learning environment.
COVID-19 has created a volatile education landscape for students in our community. Many of them do not know whether they will be able to attend classes in person or be forced into an online learning environment. We fully recognize the challenges that the pandemic has created and we have an incredible team of health professionals who have consulted with us to create what we feel is a fully-prepared plan of action. Here is our commitment to our families:
- The safety of our students is our top priority. We will do our best to create a safe learning environment without distractions. Education is a hands-on experience and we believe that with an effort from all students, staff, and parents, we can deliver a tremendous learning environment.
- We will not overreact to the pandemic. We will follow state guidelines to ensure the safety of our students, but we will not make long-term changes to the school year in a single decision. Our school board will assess the situation weekly to ensure that we are making the best decision for our students and their families.
- Contingency plans are in place so that students can continue learning. Our unique focus on online learning opportunities provide all NorthPoint families with a tremendous contingency plan. If there is a day when you do not feel it is safe for your child to attend in person, they can join us online and get the same excellent teacher-led learning experience as if they were in the classroom.
- We are in this together. Challenges require patience and a team mindset. Our school board, administrative and teaching teams are ready to work with parents to ensure the most successful school year possible. We appreciate your patience as we navigate the unknown and we want you to know that we are here for you!
If you have any further questions, please feel free to send us a message.